- Area – Darnestown
- Schools – Northwest Cluster – Darnestown ES, Lakelands MS, Northwest HS (verify with MCPS)
- 7 Bedrooms, 6 Full Baths
- Built in 1980
- Attached two car side-load garage
- 1.24 acre lot with heated inground pool
Schedule showing or get more information!
Surrounded by mature trees on a spectacular 1.24 acre lot, this custom Dutch colonial features comfortable and sprawling interior spaces. A large pool, extensive outdoor entertainment areas and lush landscaping elevate this home’s attraction even more.
Stepping along the brick pathway and through the front door you are greeted by a dramatic two story foyer with hardwood flooring, rich custom mouldings and wide staircase. The spacious formal living room to the right is flooded with natural light from oversized windows on two walls and is adorned by a brick fireplace with intricate wood mantel. The adjacent formal dining room is ready for large gatherings and has extensive mouldings and a double glass patio doors leading to the back deck. Gleaming oak hardwood flooring and designer colors create a cohesive space for memorable entertaining.
The kitchen is the center hub of the home and features oak raised-panel cabinetry, ceramic tile flooring and premium granite countertops. The centerpiece of the adjoining breakfast area is an expansive brick fireplace. Cozy and inviting, this space is enhanced with hardwood flooring and views of the back yard through double glass patio doors and bay windows. The fireplace is shared with the family room which features oversized windows, built-in entertainment center and outside access to the back deck. Hidden away from the family room is a main level study with brick fireplace, double windows, built-in cabinetry and a full bath with stand-up shower – perfect for a main level bedroom or office suite.
The upper level is divided in two sections. The main bedroom area features a master suite and four additional bedrooms. Two bedrooms share a renovated ‘Jack and Jill’ bath, and the other two have access to the hall bath. The oversized master suite features beautiful hardwood flooring and two walls of oversized windows overlooking the back and side yards. The two-room master bath has a dressing area and bath area with circular garden tub, hardwood vanity and separate standup shower. All other bedrooms feature premium plush carpet. The other section, known as the “in-law suite”, has a separate outside entrance, enormous living and bedroom area, and full bath – ideal for an au pair or extended guests.
The lower level is a bright place to play with large recreation area, games area with built-in cabinetry and wet sink, and sitting area with brick fireplace (that’s a total of five fireplaces if you are counting). An exercise area with tile floor, separate entrance and large full bath are an ideal complement for the outdoor pool. A large storage area provides ample space for closed off storage.
With well over 5,000 square feet of stylish living space surrounded by lush landscaping, this home is an ideal setting for fantastic daily living. Properties with this space and amenities rarely become available.
- Custom Dutch colonial built in 1980 with five fireplaces, brick walkway and vinyl siding
- Seven bedrooms and six full baths
- Professionally landscaped, private 1.24 acre lot
- Large back deck, fenced-in back yard and storage shed
- Resort-sized 45’ X 20’ propane-heated pool (depth 3’ to 10.5’) with diving board
- Oversized attached 2 car side-load garage with storage space and separate entrance
- Oak hardwood floors recently refinished throughout all rooms except the kitchen
- Two story entry foyer with hardwood staircase, double hardwood front door, custom moulding and hall closet
- Formal living room with crown moulding, designer paint and brick fireplace
- Formal dining room with window pane and crown moulding, and double glass patio doors to back deck
- Kitchen with oak raised-panel cabinetry, premium granite countertops, tile backsplash, earth-toned ceramic tile flooring, double stainless steel under-mount sink, and desk workspace
- Kitchen appliances include a Kenmore stainless-steel refrigerator/freezer, GE Profile oven, GE Profile stainless-steel dishwasher, GE Profile stainless-steel microwave oven, and Thermador 4 burner ceramic cooktop
- Breakfast area with brick fireplace, bay windows, pantry and double patio doors leading to back deck
- Family room with beamed ceilings, brick fireplace, chair rail, built-in entertainment center and outside entrance
- First floor study (or bedroom) with brick fireplace, crown moulding and oversized double window
- Full bath with large ceramic tile flooring, stand-up shower and premium fixtures
- Mud/laundry room with high efficiency Kenmore Elite washer and dryer, double closet and laundry sink with outside entrance
- Upper landing overlooking foyer with hardwood flooring and one double linen closet and one single linen closet
- Owners’ suite with hardwood flooring, crown moulding, ceiling fan, triple windows overlooking back yard, huge walk-in closet with organizers, and dressing area with single vanity
- Master bath with ceramic tile flooring, oversized garden tub, hardwood vanity and private toilet area with standup shower
- Four large bedrooms with plush carpet, ceiling fans and large walk-in closets
- Two bedrooms share ‘Jack and Jill’ bath with new ceramic tile flooring, oak hardwood vanity, granite countertops and linen closets
- Hall bath with ceramic tile flooring, premium fixtures, and tub/shower combination
- “In-Law Suite” over garage with separate outside entrance through mud room with oversized living/sleeping area, large walk-in closet, plush carpet, windows on three walls, ceiling fan, and full bath with ceramic tile flooring and tub/shower combination
LOWER LEVEL AND SYSTEMS
- Bright finished lower level freshly painted with large recreation area, sitting area with brick fireplace, outside exit, plush carpet and built-in cabinetry
- Full bath with ceramic tile flooring, vanity and standup shower
- Exercise area with separate outside entrance and ceramic tile flooring
- Storage room/workshop
- Dual-zoned oil heating with above-ground oil tank
- Dual-zoned electric A/C and whole-house fan
- Two electric water heaters
- Central vacuum system
- Multi-zoned and monitored alarm system
- Public water and private septic system