- Area – Darnestown
- Schools – Northwest
- 4 Bedrooms, 4 1/2 Baths
- 10.88 acre lot
- Built in 1995
- Attached 3 car side-load garage
Schedule showing or get more information!
This stunning brick estate sits on over ten acres on the crest of the Agricultural Reserve in the heart of Darnestown. With a gated entrance, circular drive and hipped roof, this home has a regal presence. Superb construction, elegant décor and expansive interior spaces are hallmarks of this wonderful home.
Stepping through the front door, the impressive two-story foyer features marble tile flooring, curved hardwood staircase and custom moulding. The foyer is flooded with natural light and welcomes guests to the formal living room and first floor study. Formal rooms include a spacious living room, dining room with bay windows and conservatory. All feature floor-to-ceiling windows, rich hardwood flooring and custom mouldings.
The kitchen is a large, comfortable space with slate flooring, Tuscan-distressed cabinetry, ‘miles’ of cool granite countertops and professional grade appliances. A sunny breakfast room adjoins the kitchen and is finished with knotty-pine paneling, cathedral ceilings, skylights and patio doors that lead to the expansive, maintenance-free Trex deck. Slate tile flooring continues into the family room. This space is reminiscent of a comfortable lodge with stone fireplace and decorative tin ceiling. Oversized windows overlook the spectacular lot. A large mudroom with entry to the three-car garage is accessed from the kitchen and family room.
The upper level features four nicely appointed bedrooms and three full baths. The master suite is an extravagant space with soaring double cathedral ceilings, gas fireplace, bedroom-sized walk-in closet with organizers and a separate exercise room that could easily be converted to a fifth bedroom. The master bath has two separate areas. The dressing area features a marble vanity, two skylights and private toilet area; and the bath area features cathedral ceilings with skylights, new Jacuzzi jetted tub, oversized shower with glass door and ceramic tile flooring. Two elegant windows with half-round transoms bath this area with natural light.
The lower level is fully finished with a brick fireplace, recreation room and games area. This is a bright space with a full bath and two unfinished storage areas.
With over ten acres, this property is perfect for horses. Its Darnestown location makes it a convenient commuting location, yet it’s still part of the stunning country-side of the protected Agricultural Reserve. This home provides unparalleled space, privacy and quality – an outstanding value. Everything’s perfect. The only thing missing is you!.
- Custom colonial built in 1995 with three sides brick, hipped roof with new architectural shingles and circular drive
- Professionally landscaped 10.88 acre lot adjacent to protected parkland
- Large maintenance-free back deck and screened-in porch with slate flooring
- Attached 3 car side-load garage with new insulated garage doors
- Brick and iron entrance gate with electronic keypad
- Premium oiled-bronzed outdoor lighting and landscaping lighting
- Wide-two story entry foyer with curved hardwood staircase, premium lighting, marble flooring, two six-panel hardwood doors and custom moulding
- Hall closet and powder room with pedestal sink and marble tile flooring
- First floor study with hardwood flooring, double French doors, built-in bookcases, three-piece crown moulding and chair rail
- Elegant formal living room with hardwood flooring, crown moulding and floor-to-ceiling windows
- Formal dining room with hardwood flooring, chair rail, window-pane and crown moulding, two bay windows and designer chandelier
- Conservatory with marble gas fireplace, hardwood flooring and floor-to-ceiling windows with transoms
- Kitchen with huge center island, large pantry, Tuscan-distressed cabinetry, premium granite countertops, slate flooring, stone backsplash, stainless steel under-mount sink, recessed lighting and desk workspace
- Kitchen appliances include commercial-grade Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer, six burner stainless-steel Jenn-Air gas cooktop, built-in wine/drink chiller, new GE Monogram double ovens, stainless-steel KitchenAid dishwasher and KitchenAid microwave
- Breakfast room with slate flooring, knotty-pine paneling, double cathedral ceiling with skylights and patio door leading to back deck
- Mudroom with garage access, Whirlpool washer and dryer, laundry tub, built-in storage, alarm keypad and laundry chute
- Family room with arched entry-way, slate flooring, stone wood-burning fireplace, beamed ceiling with tin ceiling tiles and access to screened-in porch and back deck
- Upper landing with plush carpet, oak railing, recessed lighting and hall linen closet
- Professionally decorated owners’ suite with soaring cathedral ceilings, gas fireplace, designer lighting, premium patterned carpet, huge walk-in closet with organizers and separate sitting area with closet which can be converted to 5th bedroom
- Master bath dressing area with marble vanity, private toilet area, laundry chute, two skylights and linen closet
- Master bath area through double French doors with ceramic tile flooring, new Jacuzzi jetted tub, oversized shower with glass door and premium fixtures, designer lighting, double marble vanity, cathedral ceilings with skylights and two windows with ½ round transoms
- Three additional large bedrooms with plush carpet and large closets
- Two separate hall baths with ceramic tile flooring, premium fixtures and tub/shower combination
LOWER LEVEL AND SYSTEMS
- Bright, walkout finished lower level with a large sliding glass door, brick fireplace, recreation and games area
- Two unfinished storage areas
- Full bath with ceramic tile flooring, vanity and tub/shower combination
- Dual zone natural gas heating and new air conditioning systems
- Natural gas water heater
- Private septic system
- Private well with new well pump and pressure tank, water filter, softener and acid neutralizer water treatment system
- Alarm system